Saturday, April 16, 2011

Alaska

The Alaska Bird Observatory got back to me about that job. Turns out i was a close second but the job ended up going to someone else.  There may in fact be a second position if funding gets approved.  Until then I am waiting it out. Filling my time with disc golf, guitar, longboarding, movies, baking, and brewing beer... Why can't all of this be my job?

To be serious though there is nothing I hate more than waiting.  Knowing the outcome, whether I get the position or not is preferable to waiting because either way I can move forward. Just passing time with other interests to keep from going completely crazy. That is not enough for me, I want purpose. I want to feel productive in a way where I am both learning and changing, where I can see it in myself and the world.  I don't care about fame or glory but instead I want satisfaction and contentment.  I want to love where I am, what I am doing, and who I am with.

Get back to me about that job soon, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment