Saturday, May 14, 2011

The First Day of The Rest of My Life

Sitting in the Portland airport at 9:40 pm waiting to board my red-eye to Alaska.  I finally have some time to sit and update what I have been doing this last week. Amidst the cleaning, packing and subsequent repacking I have been saying my goodbyes to all my friends around town.  I am not a fan of goodbyes in general and having them be drawn out can be very difficult.  I will miss getting to spend so much time with the people I love but I am excited to be embarking on this adventure.  I feel as though I have been hanging in limbo for to long now and I know that this break in routine and jolt back into reality will be both what I need and what I want.  I need challenge to feel fulfilled.  I want action to be happy.  It is the downtime that I struggle with as my mind wanders aimlessly searching for something to affix its attention. After crossing the security check it is all beginning to sink in.

The preparation is over. My life begins now.





No comments:

Post a Comment