Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The Reason for Feeling or Feeling for Reason.

There is nothing that we can not achieve, nothing that we can not change in this world and within ourselves.

"Be true to yourself"

The real meaning of this was lost to me for the longest time.  True is what you feel not what you are able to reason.  Humans are able to bend reason to fit any outcome we wish.  For example addicts convince themselves through reason that what they are doing is right, all the while they shun the feeling of what they know to be right.  Therefore it is not reason alone that you follow blindly forward but the true feelings inside of you that you must allow to direct your reasoning.  Find the feelings first and the reason to support them will fall naturally, and easily, into place.

"Be true to yourself"

It can be said many ways and is the moral of a thousand childrens stories.  Well, I heard it all when I was younger and I wanted to truly believe, but I always had the hardest time being everything that I felt I could be.  Now I stand here, a man living the life that I only dreamed of as a boy... A life that I did not dare to let myself see as reality for fear that it might vanish before my eyes and leave me empty forever.  

This fear is a lie and it can easily hide the best within you.  It is a fear that constantly knocks at my mind and questions everyone of my actions.  Although a useful trait to have in the scientific process and quite the analytical advantage, it is hell to bare in real life.  It is agony to constantly play your own devils advocate and to never feel certain about any choice you make no matter how mundane.  It binds your feelings in chains of reason and locks them deep... deep down inside until it is near impossible to tell the difference between what you feel and what you think (another way to say reason).

In contrast it is true freedom of spirit and mind to live your feelings.  To put away the questioning advance of that fear... of that uncertainty and to simply trust your heart to take you on a journey that will uncover the best within yourself and the world around you.  

Dare to uncover yourself to the world and to show yourself for what you are, because for certain it will be the best of you even if you believe it to be the worst.

 Dare to be wrong... Dare to challenge convention... 
most of all Dare to be you.


No comments:

Post a Comment